DescriptionThe IBM Rational Clearcase plugin enables you to manually or automatically import artifacts from a ClearCase respository into an HCL Launch Component version using either Dynamic or Snapshot Views. The plugin supports both Base ClearCase and Unified Change Management (UCM) source-code management system.
Uploaded: 21-Apr-2023 14:25
Uploaded: 23-Mar-2023 11:24
Uploaded: 01-Feb-2023 14:06
Uploaded: 10-Oct-2022 15:09
Uploaded: 08-Apr-2022 15:23
Uploaded: 07-Feb-2022 17:12
Uploaded: 11-Jun-2021 05:21
Uploaded: 16-Mar-2021 07:09
The ClearCase plugin automates importing versions from a ClearCase repository.
This plugin includes one or more steps, click Steps for step details and properties.
This plugin requires HCL Launch 6.0.1 and later.
See Installing plugins in HCL Launch for installing and removing plugins.
The following table describes the changes made in each plugin version.
To use the ClearCase plugin create a component to define the ClearCase artifacts to be used. The component contains the information for importing the artifacts and any processes to perform on the artifacts.
Create a component
- In the HCL user interface, click Components and then click Create Component.
- In the Create Component window, specify a name and description for the component.
- In the Teams fields, specify the access information for the new component.
- To use a template for the new component, select a template from the Template list. In this case, the component inherits source configuration, properties, and processes from the template.
- In the Source Config Type list, select ClearCase.
- Specify the properties for the component. See the Setting tab for descriptions.
- Click Save.
Import a version
When the artifacts are imported, a component version is created using the version of the package. You can specify to import a specific package version or import all versions. If importing all versions, a component version is created for each version.
- Click the Versions tab for the component.
- Click Import New Versions.
- Specify a specific version of the package to import, or leave blank to import the latest version of the package available in the repository. Additionally, enable Import All Versions to import all versions of a package.
- Click Save.
To access this plugin in the palette, click Source and Repositories > ClearCase.
The following process steps are available in the ClearCase plugin.
Import a new version from ClearCase
This step has no input properties.
The plugin adds the following roles automatically to resources. You cannot add these roles manually.
|Clear Tool Path||String||The location of the Clear Tool executable file. Use this property if the executable file is not included on the PATH statement.|
|Excludes||String||A list of file patterns to exclude in the component. Place each pattern on a separate line.|
|Extensions of files to Convert||String||A list of file extensions to convert into another character set. Separate each file extension with a comma. Specify this property if you have text-type files that must be converted into another character set. Matching file types are converted into the default character set of the system where the agent is located.|
|Includes||String||A list of file patterns to include in the component. Place each pattern on a separate line.|
|Path to location inside the View||String||The base directory from which files are imported. For a Snapshot View, this is the portion of the Snapshot View that is updated before importing the files.|
|Preserve Execute Permissions||Boolean||For Linux and UNIX operating systems, retain the execute permissions for each file.|
|Snapshot View||Boolean||The connection is to a Snapshot View.|
|Name||String||The name for the version being created.|