Search Results ()
All Plugins (152)
DescriptionThe Jenkins Pipeline plugin allows for interaction with HCL Launch components, such as creating a component and publish artifacts to the version. The Jenkins Pipeline plug-in is a Jenkins build step rather than HCL plugin steps. This plug-in is installed on a Jenkins server. Jenkins is a continuous integration server that supports interactions with other technologies using a plug-in model. This plug-in takes advantage of the Jenkins plug-in interface. After it is installed you can use it to interact with HCL Launch components and deployments.
Jenkins is a continuous integration server that supports interactions with other technologies by using a plug-in model. The Jenkins Pipeline plugin orchestrates HCL Launch deployments as part of a pipeline in Jenkins. You can complete the following tasks with this plugin.
- Create components
- Publish artifacts to a version
- Start component version imports
- Deploy snapshots or component versions
- Run operational processes
- Run the step multiple times within a single job
This plug-in is compatible with Jenkins Server 2.0 or later.
See Installing plugins in HCL Launch for installing and removing plugins.
The following table describes the changes made in each plugin version.
|2.21||Fixed user interface issue related to the save and apply button|
|2.20||Add HCL Launch application process log URL for more details. RFE: 147414.|
|2.19||Fixed issue with addition of latest version to specified component only instead of all components.|
To use the Jenkins Pipeline plugin both the HCL Launch and Jenkins servers must be started. After installing the plugin on the Jenkins server, you must then configure the integration with the HCL Launch server. While the integration is defined on the Jenkins server, you must install and start an HCL Launch agent. Below are the overall setup tasks for using the plugin.
- Install and start the Jenkins server.
- Start the Jenkins nodes and connect the nodes to the Jenkins server.
- Download and install the Jenkins Pipeline plugin on the Jenkins server.
- Set up the source control management configuration of the project, such as Git or Maven.
- Set up the build configuration of the project, such as Ant or Gradle.
After all the necessary parts are in place to use the plugin, you can define the integration. You can define one or more HCL Launch servers where the Jenkins artifacts are to be pushed.
- Open the Jenkins user interface.
- Click Manage Jenkins > Global Settings
- Locate the HCL Launch section
- Complete the configuration settings to the HCL Launch server.
|Profile name||The name of the integration, used for reference only.|
|HCL Launch URL||The URL of the HCL Launch servers to push artifacts to from the Jenkins server. More than one can be specified.|
|Username||The user name to authenticate with the UrbanCode server.|
|Password||The password to authenticate with the UrbanCode server.|
|Trust All Certificates||Enable to accept all certificates.|